Found this interesting snippet of information:

The International Trophy was designed in 1947 by T.B Huxley Jones, F.R.B.S., principal of a school of sculpture at Aberdeen, who had spent part of his early years in Summerhill, Nr. Wrexham.

It was an inexpensive trophy for the festival committee. Mr Huxley Jones generously gave his services and the Festival President W. Clayton Russon contributed the  cost of casting copies of the trophy for each of th...


Continue reading ...